When buying a home, it's important for you to investigate all of your financing options.
Meridian offers a wide variety of loan options, including special government and state programs, that can make home ownership more affordable.
Federal Housing Administration loans offer low down payments, reduced closing costs, and easy credit qualifying. FHA loans can assist qualified first-time homebuyers, borrowers looking to rehab a home or improve energy efficiency and more.
NJHMFA Smart Start
The Smart Start program is available to participants in the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency’s (NJHMFA) First-Time Homebuyer and Homeward Bound programs. For people purchasing homes in Smart Growth Areas, the program helps families by offering a second mortgage for down payment and/or closing costs up to 4% of the first mortgage.
USDA (Rural Development) partners with local lenders to help them extend 100% financing opportunities to individuals and families.
- Qualified buyers and properties may be eligible for 100% financing
- Low monthly mortgage insurance – you may qualify for a larger loan
- Flexible credit and qualifying guidelines
- No maximum purchase price limit
- Closing costs can come from any source including gifts
Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) offers first mortgage financing at below-market interest rates to qualified Delaware homebuyers. Welcome Home loans provide financing to first time homebuyers while the Home Again program is available for repeat homebuyers. Borrowers may be eligible for up to $8,000 in down payment and closing cost assistance.
Creditworthy, low-to-moderate income borrowers may be eligible for this mortgage program. It offers:
- A low down payment (up to 97% financing)
- Flexible down payment and closing cost sources
- No income limits in low-income areas
- Homeownership education
- Conventional home financing
Pennsylvania offers several mortgage programs assisting the buying and refinancing of a home. The eligibility requirements are different, but programs are available to those with low-income, buying for the first-time or needing down payment or closing cost assistance. Borrowers may be eligible for up to $6,000 in down payment assistance and no closing costs.
Qualifying veterans can purchase or refinance a home with no or limited closing costs and flexible credit criteria. Veterans Affairs (VA) loans offer:
- Zero-down payment
- Cash-out refinances up to 100% of the appraised home value
- No PMI requirement
- Reverse Mortgages
- Doctor Programs
- FHA 203k renovation loans
- Fixed and HELOC Home Equity loans